Green Light Insurance
• english | spanish •
Motorcycle Insurance Agency
Welcome to your Insurance Toy Store!
7300 N. Western Ave.
Chicago, IL 60645
tel: (773) 761-8800
fax: (773) 761-6932
We Specialize in
 SR-22 Specialization

Do you need an SR-22??

Do you need an SR-22 but are unsure what to do?  We are here to guide you through this process. Green Light Insurance Agency specializes in SR-22 policies.  Most of the companies that we represent sell an insurance policy with this endorsement on it. Not only will we make sure that your SR-22 gets filed, but we will also help you get the best possible price for this type of policy. If the court system has ordered you to carry an SR-22 filing on your insurance policy, we can handle all of the details for you.


What is an SR-22?

Simply stated, an SR-22 is a filing that shows proof of financial responsibility to your state. It is not an insurance policy, but rather part of one. You will need an SR-22 if the police caught you driving without insurance, and you'll be required to carry this filing for a specific period of time (usually from one to three years). Once you have carried this endorsement on your insurance policy for the required time period, your SR-22 filing expires. Your state will send you a letter notifying you that a filing is not required any more. You must carry continuous insurance for the entire time that an SR-22 filing is required. If your policy lapses or is canceled, your auto insurance company has to notify the state immediately and your driver’s license will be suspended again. Then you will be required to pay a fine to reinstate your license and start the process all over again.


An SR-22s filing may be required for the following reasons:

  • DUI, DWI, or any serious moving violation.
  • At-fault accidents while driving without insurance.
  • Repeat traffic offenses or getting too many tickets in a short time period.
  • License suspension or revoked license.Not paying parking tickets.
  • Driving without insurance.


How can Green Light Insurance Agency help you?

We will work with your insurance company to ensure that the necessary SR-22 endorsement is filed with your state's Department of Motor Vehicles. Once this SR-22 is filed, your license suspension will be lifted and you can drive again legally once again. This process usually takes about 24 to 48 hours. We can process the paper work for all the states that require one usually in less than 15 minutes.

If you currently carry an SR-22 in one state but move to another state, you must fulfill the SR-22 time period for your former state, even though you no longer live there. Also, if the state you are moving to does not require an SR-22, you must still meet the requirements of the state where your SR-22 originally was filed.

If you have any additional questions about how to obtain this type of policy, feel free to call Myrna or Eddie at 773-761-8800. We will be happy to answer any questions you may have.


 | Login